Establishing or changing careers can be a very exciting yet stressful time. To help make the immediate and future financial implications of the event easier to deal with, investigate your options and create a plan to address:
Retirement account options:
- Should you leave the money in the 401K held by your former employer?
- Is it best to roll that money into your new employer’s retirement plan, if allowable?
- What about opening an IRA and rolling it into that account?
Health, Life and Disability Insurance options:
- Ask about Cobra benefits and any company life or disability Insurance
- Ask if the Life and Disability Insurance is portable